研究共筛选了1,586例患者，其中656例符合入排标准纳入研究。327例被随机分配至直接取栓组，329例被随机分配至联合治疗组。主要结局的分析结果显示，单独血管内取栓术不劣于阿替普酶静脉溶栓联合血管内取栓术（校正共同比值比，1.07；95% CI，0.81～1.40；非劣效性P=0.04）。但直接取栓组在取栓术前成功再灌注的比例（2.4% vs. 7.0%）和总体成功再灌注的比例（79.4% vs. 84.5%）低于联合治疗组。直接取栓组组和联合治疗组的90日死亡率分别为17.7%和18.8%。
对于中国发病4.5小时以内的急性前循环大血管闭塞性缺血性卒中患者，基于20%的可信界值，单独采用血管内取栓术的功能性结局不劣于阿替普酶静脉溶栓联合血管内取栓术（研究由中华人民共和国国家卫生健康委员会卒中防治工程委员会和吴阶平医学基金会资助， DIRECT-MT试验在 ClinicalTrials.gov注册号为NCT03469206）。
Pengfei Yang, M.D., Yongwei Zhang, M.D., Lei Zhang, M.D., Yongxin Zhang, M.D., Kilian M. Treurniet, M.D., Wenhuo Chen, M.D., Ya Peng, M.D., Hongxing Han, M.D., Jiyue Wang, M.D., Shouchun Wang, M.D., Congguo Yin, M.D., Sheng Liu, M.D., Peng Wang, M.D., Qi Fang, M.D., Hongchao Shi, M.D., Jianhong Yang, M.D., Changming Wen, M.D., Conghui Li, M.D., Changchun Jiang, M.D., Jun Sun, M.D., Xincan Yue, M.D., Min Lou, M.D., Meng Zhang, M.D., Hansheng Shu, M.D., Dianjing Sun, M.D., Hui Liang, M.D., Tong Li, M.D., Fuqiang Guo, M.D., Kaifu Ke, M.D., Haicheng Yuan, M.D., Guoping Wang, M.D., Weimin Yang, M.D., Huaizhang Shi, M.D., Tianxiao Li, M.D., Zifu Li, M.D., Pengfei Xing, M.D., Ping Zhang, M.D., Yu Zhou, M.D., Hao Wang, M.D., Yi Xu, M.D., Qinghai Huang, M.D., Tao Wu, M.D., Rui Zhao, M.D., Qiang Li, M.D., Yibin Fang, M.D., Laixing Wang, M.D., Jianping Lu, M.D., Yansheng Li, M.D., Jianhui Fu, M.D., Xihua Zhong, Ph.D., Yongjun Wang, M.D., Longde Wang, M.D., Mayank Goyal, M.D., Ph.D., Diederik W.J. Dippel, M.D., Ph.D., Bo Hong, M.D., Benqiang Deng, M.D., Yvo B.W.E.M. Roos, M.D., Ph.D., Charles B.L.M. Majoie, M.D., Ph.D., and Jianmin Liu, M.D., for the DIRECT-MT Investigators*
From the Departments of Neurosurgery (P.Y., L.Z., Yongxin Zhang, Z.L., Y. Zhou, Y.X., Q.H., R.Z., Q.L., Y.F., Laixing Wang, B.H., J. Liu), Neurology (Yongwei Zhang, P.X., P.Z., T.W., B.D.), and Radiology (J. Lu), Naval Medical University Changhai Hospital, the Department of Neurology, Shanghai Jiaotong University Renji Hospital (Y.L.), the Department of Neurology, Fudan University Huashan Hospital (J.F.), and the Data Statistics Center, Shanghai KNOWLANDS MedPharm Consulting (X.Z.), Shanghai, the Department of Neurology, Zhangzhou Affiliated Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Zhangzhou (W.C.), the Department of Neurosurgery, Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Changzhou (Y.P.), the Department of Neurology, Linyi People’s Hospital of Qingdao University, Linyi (H.H., H.W.), the Department of Neurosurgery, Liaocheng People’s Hospital of Shandong First Medical University, Liaocheng (J.W.), the Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun (S.W.), the Department of Neurology, Hangzhou First People’s Hospital of Zhejiang University (C.Y.), and the Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University (M.L.), Hangzhou, the Department of Radiology, Jiangsu Provincial People’s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University (S.L.), and the Department of Neurology, Nanjing First Hospital of Nanjing Medical University (Hongchao Shi), Nanjing, the Department of Neurology, Taizhou First People’s Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Taizhou (P.W.), the Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou (Q.F.), the Department of Neurology, Ningbo Hospital of Zhejiang University, Ningbo (J.Y.), the Department of Neurology, Nanyang Central Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University, Nanyang (C.W.), the Department of Neurosurgery, First Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang (C.L.), the Department of Neurology, Baotou Central Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical University, Baotou (C.J.), the Department of Neurosurgery, Wenzhou Central Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou (J.S.), the Department of Neurosurgery, Zhoukou Central Hospital of Henan University, Zhoukou (X.Y.), the Department of Neurology, Daping Hospital of Army Medical University, Chongqing (M.Z.), the Department of Neurosurgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Bengbu Medical University, Bengbu (H. Shu), the Departments of Radiology (D.S.) and Neurology (H.L.), Yantaishan Hospital of Shandong First Medical University, Yantai, the Department of Neurology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning (Tong Li), the Department of Neurology, Sichuan Provincial Hospital of University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu (F.G.), the Department of Neurology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong (K.K.), the Department of Neurology, Qingdao Central Hospital of Qingdao University, Qingdao (H.Y.), the Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital of the University of Science and Technology of China (G.W.), and the Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University (W.Y.), Hefei, the Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin (Huaizhang Shi), the Department of Radiology, Henan Provincial People’s Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou (Tianxiao Li), and the Department of Neurology, Capital Medical University Tiantan Hospital (Y.W.), and the School of Public Health, Beijing University (Longde Wang), Beijing — all in China; the Departments of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine (K.M.T., C.B.L.M.M.) and Neurology (Y.B.W.E.M.R.), Amsterdam University Medical Center, Amsterdam, and the Department of Neurology, Erasmus MC–University Medical Center, Rotterdam (D.W.J.D.) — both in the Netherlands; and the Departments of Radiology and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada (M.G.). Address reprint requests to Dr. J. Liu at the Department of Neurosurgery, Changhai Hospital, 168 Changhai Rd., Shanghai 200433, China, or at email@example.com. *A complete list of the DIRECT-MT Investigators is provided in the Supplementary Appendix, available at NEJM.org. Drs. P. Yang and Yongwei Zhang and Drs. Majoie and J. Liu contributed equally to this article.
1. Berkhemer OA, Fransen PSS, Beumer D, et al. A randomized trial of intraarterial treatment for acute ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med 2015;372:11-20.
2. Campbell BCV, Mitchell PJ, Kleinig TJ, et al. Endovascular therapy for ischemic stroke with perfusion-imaging selection. N Engl J Med 2015;372:1009-1018.
3. Goyal M, Demchuk AM, Menon BK, et al. Randomized assessment of rapid endovascular treatment of ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med 2015;372:1019-1030.
4. Jovin TG, Chamorro A, Cobo E, et al. Thrombectomy within 8 hours after symptom onset in ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med 2015;372:2296-2306.
5. Saver JL, Goyal M, Bonafe A, et al. Stent-retriever thrombectomy after intravenous t-PA vs. t-PA alone in stroke. N Engl J Med 2015;372:2285-2295.
6. Goyal M, Menon BK, van Zwam WH, et al. Endovascular thrombectomy after large-vessel ischaemic stroke: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from five randomised trials. Lancet 2016;387:1723-1731.
7. Desilles JP, Loyau S, Syvannarath V, et al. Alteplase reduces downstream microvascular thrombosis and improves the benefit of large artery recanalization in stroke. Stroke 2015;46:3241-3248.
8. Seners P, Turc G, Maïer B, Mas JL, Oppenheim C, Baron JC. Incidence and predictors of early recanalization after intravenous thrombolysis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Stroke 2016;47:2409-2412.
9. Bhatia R, Hill MD, Shobha N, et al. Low rates of acute recanalization with intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in ischemic stroke: real-world experience and a call for action. Stroke 2010;41:2254-2258.
10. Tsivgoulis G, Katsanos AH, Schellinger PD, et al. Successful reperfusion with intravenous thrombolysis preceding mechanical thrombectomy in large-vessel occlusions. Stroke 2018;49:232-235.
11. Alves HC, Treurniet KM, Jansen IGH, et al. Thrombus migration paradox in patients with acute ischemic stroke. Stroke 2019;50:3156-3163.
12. Kaesmacher J, Boeckh-Behrens T, Simon S, et al. Risk of thrombus fragmentation during endovascular stroke treatment. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2017;38:991-998.
13. Wardlaw JM, Murray V, Berge E, Del Zoppo GJ. Thrombolysis for acute ischaemic stroke. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;4:CD000213-CD000213.
14. Bellwald S, Weber R, Dobrocky T, et al. Direct mechanical intervention versus bridging therapy in stroke patients eligible for intravenous thrombolysis: a pooled analysis of 2 registries. Stroke 2017;48:3282-3288.
15. Coutinho JM, Liebeskind DS, Slater LA, et al. Combined intravenous thrombolysis and thrombectomy vs thrombectomy alone for acute ischemic stroke: a pooled analysis of the SWIFT and STAR studies. JAMA Neurol 2017;74:268-274.
16. Kaesmacher J, Mordasini P, Arnold M, et al. Direct mechanical thrombectomy in tPA-ineligible and -eligible patients versus the bridging approach: a meta-analysis. J Neurointerv Surg 2019;11:20-27.
17. Yang P, Treurniet KM, Zhang L, et al. Direct Intra-arterial thrombectomy in order to Revascularize AIS patients with large vessel occlusion Efficiently in Chinese Tertiary hospitals: a Multicenter randomized clinical Trial (DIRECT-MT)-Protocol. Int J Stroke 2019 October 30 (Epub ahead of print).
18. Powers WJ, Derdeyn CP, Biller J, et al. 2015 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association focused update of the 2013 guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke regarding endovascular treatment: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke 2015;46:3020-3035.
19. van Swieten JC, Koudstaal PJ, Visser MC, Schouten HJ, van Gijn J. Interobserver agreement for the assessment of handicap in stroke patients. Stroke 1988;19:604-607.
20. Goyal M, Fargen KM, Turk AS, et al. 2C or not 2C: defining an improved revascularization grading scale and the need for standardization of angiography outcomes in stroke trials. J Neurointerv Surg 2014;6:83-86.
21. Brott T, Adams HP Jr, Olinger CP, et al. Measurements of acute cerebral infarction: a clinical examination scale. Stroke 1989;20:864-870.
22. EuroQol Group. EuroQol — a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. Health Policy 1990;16:199-208.
23. Mahoney FI, Barthel DW. Functional evaluation: the Barthel index. Md State Med J 1965;14:61-65.
24. von Kummer R, Broderick JP, Campbell BC, et al. The Heidelberg bleeding classification: classification of bleeding events after ischemic stroke and reperfusion therapy. Stroke 2015;46:2981-2986.
25. Boers AM, Marquering HA, Jochem JJ, et al. Automated cerebral infarct volume measurement in follow-up noncontrast CT scans of patients with acute ischemic stroke. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2013;34:1522-1527.
26. Hernández AV, Steyerberg EW, Butcher I, et al. Adjustment for strong predictors of outcome in traumatic brain injury trials: 25% reduction in sample size requirements in the IMPACT study. J Neurotrauma 2006;23:1295-1303.
27. Lingsma H, Roozenbeek B, Steyerberg E. Covariate adjustment increases statistical power in randomized controlled trials. J Clin Epidemiol 2010;63:1391-1391.
28. Rai AT, Boo S, Buseman C, et al. Intravenous thrombolysis before endovascular therapy for large vessel strokes can lead to significantly higher hospital costs without improving outcomes. J Neurointerv Surg 2018;10:17-21.
29. Katsanos AH, Malhotra K, Goyal N, et al. Intravenous thrombolysis prior to mechanical thrombectomy in large vessel occlusions. Ann Neurol 2019;86:395-406.
30. Mistry EA, Mistry AM, Nakawah MO, et al. Mechanical thrombectomy outcomes with and without intravenous thrombolysis in stroke patients: a meta-analysis. Stroke 2017;48:2450-2456.
31. Campbell BCV, Mitchell PJ, Churilov L, et al. Tenecteplase versus alteplase before thrombectomy for ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med 2018;378:1573-1582.